Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sackboy

First set out the reference plates, so I can see the front and the side of the blue print of the sackboy.

To start the head I have use a cylinder, convert to poly. I have change the cylinder to see through, by right click, object properties and see through. This allow me to see the reference plates more clearly.











To match the cylinder to the head, I use vertex, select and uniform scale, drag and highlight a line of vertex and change the size of the cylinder row by row. At the top of the head I just drag down the vertex to match the reference plates.
After everything is done I apply mesh smooth to make the head more rounded.























The body and leg are made out of an box, just by moving the vertex and applying mesh smooth. For the leg I have made one than clone it and use mirror to change the clone leg to face the right direction.











I create an box which have the same length of the arm , then convert to poly and use vertex to change the box, I have created a hand with 4 finger and a thumb just by dragging the vertex around. Then mesh smooth is apply to finish of the arm, I clone the arm and use mirror to create the second arm.












For the eyes, i create a sphere and clone it, so two eyes are the same size.











To create the mouth I use use poly, select those faces near the mouth and use bevel to drag the faces inward and shrink it.






















Then carefully use the vertex tool to drag the vertex down and out so it make the hole smaller and look more like a mouth.











For the tongue, I create and drag the cylinder longer.












The zip is create using the box, convert to poly and drag the vertex to change the shape. then to make the middle area to go slightly inside, I use poly to highlight the faces and use inset to drag the size i want to push inside, by using extrude.





















I want to try to make the hole inside the zip handle, by not using boolean, because I want to keep the file size down, so I have just simply use edit, swift loop to add in extra vertex and move those vertex to the shape I want, then select poly and delete the faces. This has created the hole, then I use edge, bridge to join the faces back together and mesh smooth to finish off.


To get the material, I have use one of the image from the internet and import it into Photoshop, I cut of the part of the material and make sure the material are good quality to use.
In 3d max, I set the material id to the objects and open material editor choose multi/sub-object click diffuse none and choose bitmap, image, I have also add in bump to make the material more texture. Then drag and drop the material on each part of the object.
The reason I use multi/sub-object is because some of the at some part of the object, the image has been stretch too much, as shown below the top of the head are stretch too much, so I change the value of the tling and offset to make the material look normal.











Reference:

Andrew Yoon
2009
Scandalous! Buzz and Sackboy romantic rendezvous in Vienna!
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/16/scandalous-buzz-and-sackboy-romantic-rendezvous-in-vienna/
[Internet]
[5/3/2011]

Three Speech
2008
LittleBigPlanet Costume Competition - Dress Up Sackboy!
http://threespeech.com/blog/2008/09/littlebigplanet-costume-competition-dress-up-sackboy/
[Internet]
[5/3/2011]

sixtyfive
2010
7zX
http://sixtyfive.xmghosting.com/products/7zx/
[Internet]
[5/3/2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment