Tuesday 22 February 2011

Watch light


To begin making the watch, i import the front view image of the watch to the material editor, by chosen bitmap from diffuse and drag the material on the plane.

Than I create a cylinder, convert it to poly and use bevel to make front curve in and smooth the shape using turbosmooth.











To make the line that mark the second, I create a box to the right length and width, change the angle so it match with the watch, than I change the pivot point of the box to the center of the watch, clone the box and use select and rotate to drag the new box to the place I want it to be, than repeat this until i got the full circle.










The time handle is make using box and cylinder for the base, I convert the box to poly, extrude and change the shape of the top, so is like a triangle. To create the hollow part in the middle, I put another box inside, than I use boolean to remove the box inside the handle.











The body of the watch is made using cylinder, convert to poly and drag the vertex point to form the shape of the watch, than add two cylinder from the handle, convert one of them to poly, so I can use bevel to make the curve for the handle.












To make the wrist strap, I have join 9 box's together with different length and width, than i curve the edge of the box using chamfer, first convert the box to poly, use edge from the selection and click the edge of the box and click chamfer setting, change the setting to the value I like and press ok, which give me an curve edge box, group and clone those box's and change the angle of the box to form the wrist strap.











The back of the wrist strap are also made out of an box, simply convert to poly and change the shape using vertex and swiftloop to get extra segs, so is easier to extrude different part, to add the hollow part I put in an sphere and an box in the middle, than i use proboolean to take away the two objects.











To finish off the watch i create an metal material, by clicking diffuse none and choose bitmap, metal patten image. Than on reflection none, click reytrace, change the value of bump, specular level, glossiness and soften to make the material have more texture, than drag it to the watch. For the second handle, I set the material id for the two part, than I use multi/sub-object, change the set number to 2 and change the colour of those two material, than drag on the second handle.


Reference:

aaa bbb
2004
Brushed Metal Pattern
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1043496
[Internet]
[2/3/2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment